Education is the Best Defense
It is our job to arm students with knowledge to recognize signs of danger. That’s why it’s important to teach them when to dial 911, why to avoid strangers and how to deal with a fire drill. Now, the internet is the digital community where your students live 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and it is our job as educators to prepare them with online safety skills. Cyberbullying, privacy, and the ethical use of digital resources are just a few of the topics included in our curriculum.
Our Online Safety Lessons:
- Focus on critical online safety skills including how to stay safe on social media platforms, how to create and store passwords and how to identify and avoid computer viruses
- Prepare students for safely navigating online activities like shopping, chatting, banking, texting, email, conducting research and networking
- Equip students with skills to judge the accuracy and credibility of online sources, effectively conduct online research and cite online sources correctly
- Help students learn what information should be shared in specific situations and how to identify situations where personal information should not be shared
- Provide students with real-world examples of plagiarism, digital identity theft, cyberbullying and hacking
Explore our Online Safety Curriculum
Check out our product catalog to see our online safety lessons for grades K-8.