Bridge the Digital Skills Gap with EasyTech
The Future of Work is Redefining Readiness
Future readiness starts with foundational digital skills that enable students to become nimble, proficient, and digitally literate technology users.
Hands-on and authentic practice with computational thinking, coding, and robotics distinguishes students and equips them with the higher-order thinking skills needed to use technology as a tool to create.
Immersing students in technology-driven learning experiences mandates that they also develop digital citizenship skills to ensure they use digital tools strategically and safely.
Learning.com Curriculum Overview
|Female Voice: The future of work is changing.||Navy screen with the text, “The future of work is changing.”|
|Now students are expected to graduate with a foundation in digital literacy and computer science so they can use technology, create digital artifacts, and design solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.||
A blue graduation cap appears, surrounded by digital media and computing devices.
|With learning.com’s award-winning technology curriculum EasyTech, you and your team of educators ensure that all students are prepared for their future.||A view of a lesson detail page in the Learning.com platform. The detail page includes lesson type, estimated time, grades, score type, and available language. It also lists the lesson objectives and standards.|
|Through EasyTech’s scaffolded curriculum you promote digital equity by closing the digital skills gap and giving all students access to authentic learning using technology.||An animated EasyTech lesson is displayed explaining online information basics. A friendly character explains how the internet works.|
|The content areas develop students digital skills, like keyboarding and computer fundamentals.||An EasyTech keyboarding lesson is shown. The keyboard displayed on the screen reflects user input, and displays the results of the exercise with data on accuracy, words per minute, and keys practiced.|
|Build their proficiency in word processing presentation spreadsheet and multimedia tools,||
Another animated EasyTech lesson is displayed, this time pertaining to spreadsheets. A friendly animation explains how to see trends and create forecasts in a spreadsheet tool.
|and enable them to practice critical thinking and problem-solving with computational thinking and design real-world solutions with coding.||
An EasyTech coding lesson is shown. After a student types in code, the program runs, and the result is displayed on the screen showing the student earned 3 stars for completing the challenge.
|Across these content areas, students have hands-on and collaborative practice using digital tools and skills that are the foundation to successful technology integration in the classroom.||
Another animated EasyTech lesson is displayed, this time pertaining to computational thinking. A friendly character explains how to create an algorithm.
Developed by educators like you EasyTech has an ISTE seal of alignment and is aligned to national and state-level computer science, digital literacy, and technology standards.
|Another animated EasyTech lesson is displayed, this time pertaining to word processing. While the animation plays, the ISTE seal of alignment is overlaid on top.|
Your EasyTech subscription provides you access to its comprehensive curriculum which features elements like:
The EasyTech curriculum library is displayed, with various digital skill concepts being shown.
|Digital lessons with an interactive interface that individualize learning based on student performance.||An animated EasyTech lesson is displayed, this time pertaining to computational thinking. A friendly character explains how to identify patterns.|
|Hands-on and collaborative projects in which students create original digital artifacts using real software programs.||Various EasyTech lessons showcasing digital media creation and spreadsheets are shown.|
|Pre-and post grade level tests designed to measure student growth, and discussion opportunities and other formative check-ins.||A quiz is displayed on-screen, with answers being selected.|
|The program saves your teachers time with detailed scope and sequences, pre-built pacing calendars, and digital lesson plans.||Icons depicting paper documents appear on-screen, labeled with “Scope & Sequence”, “Pacing Calendars”, and “Lesson Plans”.|
|EasyTech helps your team ensure technology integration in the classroom is student-led, purposeful, and effective, with gamified adaptive content and interactive lessons that provide immediate feedback to students.||The Learning.com teacher interface is displayed, showing a user assigning a lesson to their classroom.|
|EasyTech is designed for a simple implementation that enables your team to feel comfortable teaching technology even if they don’t have prior experience,||The Learning.com student interface is displayed, showing a user clicking on a item and launching the animated lesson.|
|And with EasyTech’s in-depth year-over-year reporting at the individual, classroom, school, and district level your work is rooted in efficacy.||A dashboard appears showing student performance data, such as keyboarding speed and quiz scores.|
|Silence||The video ends, with the Learning.com logo being shown.|
Learning.com’s K-12 digital literacy curriculum is delivered through our award-winning curriculum platform, as well as integrations with Google Classroom and other LMSs.
The curriculum features scaffolded, computer-based lessons reinforced with activities, discussions, and quizzes that grow students’ digital skillset year over year so they graduate future-ready.
The solution is available as a comprehensive solution or by individual content areas, which you can explore below.
Digital Literacy for K-8 Students
Digital Literacy for High School Students
High school students are expected to type multi-paragraph and multi-page reports using digital tools. Yet, they often lack the keyboarding skills they need to generate and format text faster than they can by hand, and high schools rarely have the instructional time or the teachers to devote to developing these skills.
We designed our Adaptive Keyboarding program to solve these challenges. Adaptive Keyboarding hones typing technique, accuracy, and speed through its interactive interface that:
- Encourages independent practice with story challenges that are customizable at the individual and class level.
- Individualizes touch-typing with diagnostic exercises that adapt content to address areas of keyboarding weakness for each student.
- Gamifies keyboarding practice by awarding game time and badges for specific achievements.
- Tracks progress and growth in easy-to-use dashboards and reports available at the student, class, school, and district-level.
Today’s students use the power of the internet and online media to connect, learn, and create. At the same time, educators face the challenge of teaching students how to use technology safely and effectively to combat cyberbullying, keep their online information private, identify credible sources, and make ethical and informed decisions.
That’s why we teamed up with Common Sense Media to deliver their expert-developed curriculum backed by the power of the Learning.com platform. With this integration, schools and districts:
- Gain access to over 24 lessons and quizzes that focus on online safety and digital citizenship.
- Assess student understanding and track progress across these lessons with auto-scored quizzes that can be assigned to students.
- Meet CIPA and e-Rate requirements with highly interactive and engaging lessons as well as built-in reporting that demonstrates fulfillment.*
*This may not cover individual state and local laws that could have other requirements.
The curriculum is designed to give students authentic practice with a real coding language so they develop career-ready coding skills and a broader interest in coding and computer science. Schools and districts use the high school coding program to:
- Scaffold coding skills across five mini-courses, including Text-Based Coding Basics, Intro to Python I, Intro to Python II, Intro to Python III, and Game Design.
- Prepare high school students for the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): Introduction to Programming with Python certification exam.
- Engage students in Python programming and address computer science principles through coding challenges, debugging practice, and quizzes.
- Meet key CSTA standards as well as state computer science and technology standards.
Virtual Robotics – Coming soon!
Robotics programs are surging in popularity as a hands-on way to engage students in computer science, STEM, and problem-solving concepts, but the cost of implementing this type of program is often a barrier to entry for schools.
To solve this, we are partnering with CoderZ to deliver a virtual robotics program that eliminates the requirement of extensive teacher training and a massive technology investment. With this program, schools and districts:
- Enhance learning with individualized instruction, gamified programming practice, and immediate feedback.
- Scale their robotics program at a far lower cost and easily launch the curriculum with its simple interface.
- Meet CSTA, Common Core for Mathematical Practice, and NGSS standards.
- Measure student learning with dynamic dashboards that feature progress and performance tracking.
Edinburg CISD is selective in ensuring we give our students and staff the best quality education possible…Learning.com provides us with the support we need to ensure our successes continue to happen in our district.
After many failed attempts at rummaging together a cohesive instructional technology curriculum, we found EasyTech and Learning.com. It is a one-stop shop for Digital Citizenship, Keyboarding, Productivity Tools, Coding and so much more. It is linked to the Common Core and a Scope and Sequence is provided for novice teachers to follow. Our teachers have moved from tears and frustration to happy and successful Instructional Technology educators. Our teachers couldn’t be happier and our students’ engagement is higher than it has ever been. Thank you Learning.com!
With EasyTech’s curriculum map in hand, digital literacy skills are available for every teacher, for every classroom, and for every student.
Our Inquiry Solution
- Includes six projects per grade level; two in ELA, two in math, and one each in science and social studies
- Helps students learn about productivity tools, internet research, multimedia presentations, and online communication
- Identifies skill gaps with built-in pre-tests that assess the digital literacy skills needed to successfully complete each project
- Auto-assigns lessons to address gaps and ensure students have the skills needed for projects
- Provides opportunities for students to evaluate and comment on their learning experience with project reflections
Invest in Digital Equity
Strategic Technology Integration
Develop students’ and teachers’ digital skills to take full advantage of your school’s technology investment and enhance the efficacy of technology integration.
Lifelong Digital Literacy
Bridge the digital readiness gap by equipping students with the essential skills needed to live and work in the digital world.