Computational Thinking Curriculum for K-8
Empower students to become adept problem solvers equipped with foundational computer science, digital, and 21st-century skills.
Problem-Solving for the Future-Ready Student
Advance higher-order thinking by honing the analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of information.
Gain metacognition skills that help to maximize learning in any context.
Appraise a breadth of strategies for solving a problem to find the best approach and formulate processes to tackle similar problems in the future.
Social & Emotional Learning
Develop lifelong problem-solving abilities that include:
- Practicing confidence in the face of ambiguity.
- Persisting through iteration and experimentation.
- Working in dynamic teams.
- Embracing curiosity and inquiry.
- Exercising a growth mindset.
Explore the Computational Thinking Curriculum
Delivered through Learning.com’s award-winning platform, the curriculum features interactive digital lessons, scaffolded projects, and dynamic progress monitoring.
Individualized digital videos with an interactive and gamified interface
Hands-on and collaborative learning opportunities with unplugged modifications
Guided conversations to help students practice communication and articulate their understanding of the content
Pre and post grade-level tests designed to capture student growth
Formative check-ins to inform instructional decisions
Explore a lesson from the computational thinking curriculum!
Name: Computational Thinking – Algorithms
Length: 15 minutes
Big Idea: Algorithms represent tasks and procedures that are repeated, which enables these processes to be automated digitally or replicated by humans.
The full lesson plan is available in the Computational Thinking Scope and Sequence.
"Donna ISD is now branded as "The District" to Aspire to BE. Aspire to LEAD. Aspire to SUCCEED with Learning.com."
David Chavez, Technology Director
Donna Independent School District
For Education Leaders, the ‘Digital’ in Digital Transformation
Scaffolded curriculum developed by experts meaningfully grows students’ skills and paints a sound instructional journey
Aligned to state and national standards, including ISTE, CSTA, and the Common Core, the content meets prescriptive requirements
Foundational technology skills empower students to succeed in computer-based testing environments
Implementation support ensures the curriculum is strategically rolled out and future proofed to achieve the digital vision
District and school-wide reporting enables leaders to measure the program’s efficacy and optimize their work
For Educators, the ‘Tech’ in Tech Integration
- Rooted in learning science, the curriculum leverages tech capabilities to redefine learning
- Student-led and adaptive content personalizes instruction to make it meaningful and relevant
- Gamified lessons with immediate feedback engage students and invest them in their growth and skill acquisition
- Diverse content types easily integrate into core subject areas to make technology foundational to the student experience
- Student and class-level reporting measures efficacy, reveals opportunities for improvement, and allows for teacher reflection