WayFind Teacher Assessment
Help Your Teachers Succeed in the 21st
Get accurate and meaningful data to understand how well your teachers grasp 21st century teaching skills. Use prescription and included curriculum to assign the right professional development to the right teachers. Identify teachers who excel to share their best practices and teaching strategies. All aligned to ISTE NETS-T standards.
Valid Data, Rigorously Tested
WayFind has gone through a rigorous beta testing, and third-party psychometric review to ensure the data is accurate, meaningful, and reliable. WayFind Teacher Assessment measures four levels of proficiency to the ISTE NETS-T 2008 overall, and for each of the five strands:
- Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
- Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
- Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
- Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
Solid Reports to Inform Your PD
Reports at the individual teacher, class, school, district and state levels enable districts to compare data and to pinpoint where to focus professional development for teachers through accurate data. See exactly where teachers and schools are strongest.
Comprehensive NETS-T Curriculum for Professional Development
WayFind includes a comprehensive NETS-T professional development curriculum for teachers. Enable your teachers to use 21st century teaching skills and technology in the classroom and in their careers. Are your teachers prepared to teach the 21st century skills that are now in national and state technology and core curriculum standards? With units for each of the 20 NETS-T 2008 performance indicators, teachers will learn how to implement every part of the NETS-T. Use WayFind to diagnose teacher needs and efficiently and accurately prescribe the right PD to the right teachers.
The portfolio assessment provides teachers with the opportunity to demonstrate and practice their 21st century skills in a project, and gives them a deeper understanding of their skills. They can even adapt this optional portfolio project for use in their own classrooms.
Prepare your classroom teachers to teach 21st century standards
A comprehensive NETS-T curriculum for professional development is included with WayFind and EasyTech. This curriculum provides classroom teachers with resources and tools needed to:
- Engage 21st century learners
- Implement NETS-T standards
- Support national and state technology standards
- Support technology and 21st century skills that are present in core curriculum standards
- Comfortably use technology in the classroom
The items in this curriculum are arranged in units that correspond to the 20 NETS-T performance indicators.
Aligned to ISTE NETS for Teachers 2008 Standards
WayFind Teacher Assessment is aligned to all 20 standards in these five strands:
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.
- Engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources.
- Promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students' conceptual understanding and thinking, planning, and creative processes.
- Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in face-to-face and virtual environments.
2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS-S.
- design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
- develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress.
- customize and personalize learning activities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.
- provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching.
3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
- demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.
- collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation.
- communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.
- model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning.
4. Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
Teachers understand local and global societal issues and responsibilities in an evolving digital culture and exhibit legal and ethical behavior in their professional practices.
- advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources.
- address the diverse needs of all learners by using learner-centered strategies providing equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resources.
- promote and model digital etiquette and responsible social interactions related to the use of technology and information.
- develop and model cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with colleagues and students of other cultures using digital-age communication and collaboration tools.
5. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
Teachers continuously improve their professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership in their school and professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources.
- participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.
- exhibit leadership by demonstrating a vision of technology infusion, participating in shared decision making and community building, and developing the leadership and technology skills of others.
- evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning.
- contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of their school and community.
Test Questions Assess 21st Century Teaching Skills
WayFind Teacher Assessment tests offer two types of questions for teachers to demonstrate their technology literacy skills and knowledge.
Performance-based Questions Assess Skills With Technology Applications and Tasks
Teachers authentically demonstrate that they can navigate within spreadsheet, word processor, database, browser, and presentation applications, and perform complex tasks.
Multiple Choice Questions Assess Knowledge of Technology Concepts
WayFind Teacher Assessment uses two types of multiple choice questions: graphical and text-based.
21st Century Skills Test for Teachers
The assessment measures a teacher's 21st century skills by assessing their abilities defined by each of the 20 ISTE NETS-T 2008 refreshed standards, with an average of 3 questions measuring each indicator. All questions assessing a single standard assess different aspects of the same standard.
Experience Sample Assessment Test Questions
This 7-item sample test gives you an idea of how WayFind Teacher Assessment uses a psychometrically validated blend of interactive, performance-based questions that allow teachers to authentically perform complex tasks in simulated applications, and knowledge-based, multiple choice questions.
Reports to Inform Teacher Professional Development
Reports at the individual teacher, class, school, district and state levels enable districts to compare data. See exactly where your teachers and schools are strongest.
The following is a sample teacher report, showing results of the first ISTE NETS-T standard. Descriptions of each section are listed on the side.
- The Exam Score section shows the average score for all teachers who have taken the assessment, enabling teachers to understand how their scores relate to others.
- The Exam Skill Modules section shows which NETS-T strands PD needs to target for this teacher.
- The Per-Standard Detail Results section shows which performance indicators teachers struggle with. All 20 standards would be listed here. For sample purposes, only standards 1a-1d are shown.
- The optional Portfolio Skill Module provides four levels of proficiency reporting per performance indicator (advanced, proficient, basic and below basic).
- The Instructor Comments section enable constructive, formative feedback on the lesson plan the teacher developed.