Give Your Students the Key to Success
As most educators know, many assessments now require students, starting as early as third grade, to write online. Yet, many students in third grade can’t type with proper technique, or without looking down at the keyboard. Our prescriptive keyboarding lessons measure existing speed and accuracy, and automatically assigns instruction that adapts to each student’s individual needs.
Our Keyboarding Lessons:
- Give students the structure of daily keyboarding practice which is proven to improve accuracy and speed
- Prepare students for success on online assessments like PARCC and Smarter Balanced
- Cover foundational keyboarding concepts like QWERTY hand positioning, basic shortcuts and commands
- Engage students with interactive lessons and games
- Help teachers quickly review time spent on practice, speed and accuracy in real-time to determine improvement rates and offer instruction
to become a skilled typist
keyboarding lessons can be taught as early as this
average speed of a successful keyboarder
"We want them to be able to tell their whole story without the keyboarding getting in the way."
Tanna Colwell - Technology and Learning Director
Hockinson School District, WA
Sample Keyboarding Lesson
In this clip, a primary-level student learns to locate the P, Q, R, S and T keys and demonstrates understanding during a graded interaction.
Get Started Today
See why more than 3.5 million students have used Learning.com to learn proper keyboarding technique and prepare for online assessments.