Multimedia Curriculum for K-8
Multimedia Skills for the Empowered Technology User
Create and edit files in various formats, including audio, video, moving images, text, and graphics.
Apply basic design principles and strategies to increase the effectiveness of a digital product as viewed by different audiences and in different contexts, including print, web, screen, and monitor.
Create original works, responsibly repurpose and remix digital resources, and incorporate various files into new creative multimedia works.
Media Codes & Language
Convey meaning in media through the use of various techniques and effects developed through editing, audio, color, and rhetorical devices.
Produce video projects using video editing software to organize the video into an effective structure that includes titles, audio effects, and transitions.
“Our students use their phones on a minute-by-minute basis, but when it came to keyboarding or using a computer learning and producing content, they were at a loss. Learning.com was our district’s choice because it gave us an organized, focused, relevant curriculum for our students that we could customize through our learning management system. The initial training that we received as well as the ongoing support has only enhanced our implementation of the program.”
Frank Gallo, Standards Administrator
Mount Vernon City School District
Mount Vernon, NY
For Education Leaders, the ‘Digital’ in Digital Transformation
- Scaffolded curriculum developed by experts meaningfully grows students’ skills and paints a sound instructional journey
- Aligned to state and national standards, including ISTE, CSTA, and the Common Core, the content meets prescriptive requirements
- Foundational technology skills empower students to succeed in computer-based testing environments
- Implementation support ensures the curriculum is strategically rolled out and future proofed to achieve the digital vision
- District and school-wide reporting enables leaders to measure the program’s efficacy and optimize their work
For Educators, the ‘Tech’ in Tech Integration
- Rooted in learning science, the curriculum leverages tech capabilities to redefine learning
- Student-led and adaptive content personalizes instruction to make it meaningful and relevant
- Gamified lessons with immediate feedback engage students and invest them in their growth and skill acquisition
- Diverse content types easily integrate into core subject areas to make technology foundational to the student experience
- Student and class-level reporting measures efficacy, reveals opportunities for improvement, and allows for teacher reflection