Helping Texas Students Master the TA-TEKS For More Than 10 years.
Inquiry is a 100% aligned TA-TEKS curriculum for grades K-8 that takes a project-based approach to integrating technology into instruction and has been adopted under Proclamation 2014.
Integrate Technology Into Every Classroom
Inquiry is our new 100% aligned TA-TEKS curriculum for grades K-8 that has been adopted under Proclamation 2014. Inquiry makes it easy to integrate the TA-TEKS into daily instruction.
Move to a Project-based Approach
Research supports that project-based learning is an effective instructional method to improve student motivation and retention of information. Inquiry’s projects introduce an essential question that students work to solve by conducting researching, collaborating with classmates, and creating digital media. This approach helps students develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills that help prepare students for college and career in today’s digital world. Inquiry helps districts incorporate project-based learning without additional preparation time.
Ensure Students Have the Skills They Need for Success
Before beginning each project, a pretest assesses if the student has the technology skills required for the project. Based on the results, interactive technology lessons from EasyTech are automatically assigned. While Inquiry meets 100% of the TA-TEKS, it takes technology education to the next level by enabling students to apply and demonstrate their technology skills through interesting core subject projects.
A Complete Solution for Texas Educators
Inquiry’s curriculum includes six ready-to-go projects per grade level covering concepts in ELA, math, science, and social studies. As a key component of project-based learning, Inquiry also features Reflections. After finishing a project, students complete a short reflection assignment to evaluate their work. Comprehensive guides, extension ideas, and implementation strategies for teachers are also included.
Learning List Review
Inquiry Texas version has been reviewed by LearningList which provides independent reviews of K-12 instructional materials for schools and districts. To see Learning List’s professional reviews and alignment reports for our products, go to Learninglist.com.
Help Your Students Master the TA-TEKS
EasyTech helps students develop the technology skills needed for college and the workforce while they study core subjects. EasyTech is a complete digital literacy curriculum that features self-paced lessons and games to practice skills; activities to reinforce concepts; and journals and quizzes to check for understanding. Watch an Overview of EasyTech »
Features and Benefits
- Detailed instruction for core technology skills: keyboarding, word processing, web browsing, and more
- Grade-appropriate, guided instruction with immediate feedback and automatic scoring
- Online safety instruction and compliance reporting that exceeds E-Rate requirements
- Lessons that reflect current representations of technology and software
- Aligned with TA-TEKS for grades K-8
- Available in English and Spanish
- Content is web-delivered with no downloads or software installs required
EasyTech is Tablet-Ready
The Learning.com app provides students with access to EasyTech lessons on iPad® and Android® tablet devices. The app helps teachers leverage EasyTech in a BYOD or 1:1 setting. Find the app on the Apple Store, Google Play, and Amazon.
combines interactive lessons with flexible, adaptive practices that help students quickly master touch typing.
EasyTech Online Safety
uses a positive, not fear-based curriculum to help students learn appropriate online behavior and exceeds national E-Rate requirements.
TechLiteracy Assessments (5th grade and TCEA 8th grade)
provides actionable data that pinpoints student technology challenges and helps districts meet technology literacy accountability requirements.
uses performance-based and multiple-choice questions to measure teachers’ 21st century instructional skills. It also includes a professional development curriculum for teachers that aligns to the ISTE Standards for Teachers.
Bring 21st Century Skills into High School
Learning.com’s newest solution, Project NextTech, helps high school students develop the technology proficiency, information literacy, and media literacy skills they need for success in our increasingly digital world. This two-semester course provides project-based instruction and real-world application of 21st century skills.
Features and Benefits
- Addresses all strands of the High School Fundamentals of Computer Science TA-TEKS
- Covers technology proficiency, information literacy, and media literacy in four nine-week blocks
- Delivers challenging real-world projects
- Includes instruction on identifying strengths and interests for career choices
- Prepares students with the technology literacy skills needed for college and the workforce
- Provides a complete set of preparation materials for teachers: lesson plans, rubrics, and supplemental project resources
Comprehensive Digital Literacy Course
Project NextTech is a project-based high school digital literacy course that uses content based on curriculum developed by the nonprofit Generation YES. The program provides instruction on three core topics:
- Technology Proficiency: students develop technology skills and the ability to select the right tool for the context, task, and audience.
- Information Literacy: students locate and access information, evaluate information critically and competently, and use information effectively and ethically.
- Media Literacy: students access, analyze, evaluate, and create media in all its forms.
Student-directed and Project-based
Project NextTech spans two semesters and is divided into four nine-week curriculum blocks. Each curriculum block consists of eight weeks of instruction and a one-week project. Student-directed projects build on the knowledge and skills from the previous eight weeks. As a final capstone project, students create a digital portfolio to showcase their projects and other examples of their best work.
Project NextTech Scope & Sequence
Project NextTech is divided into two semester-long courses for flexibility in implementation. Part A covers technology proficiency as well as online safety and digital citizenship. Part B covers information literacy and media literacy. Each semester includes two culminating projects. Students also create a digital portfolio to showcase their projects and other examples of their best work. Unit topics covered in each course are listed in our overview PDF.
Preview Scope & Sequence »
Download the Project NextTech Overview for In-Depth Scope and Sequence Information »
Set Your Students Up for Success
Project NextTech can help equip your students with the digital literacy skills they need for high school, college, and the 21st century workforce. Schedule a Free Demo of Project NextTech »
Seamlessly Access, Organize and Share Digital Content
Curriculum Foundry provides districts access to a searchable content repository pre-populated with vetted open educational resources (OER) and other free digital resources. The repository can also be enhanced to include collections of digital content districts already have licenses for and content they have created. Using Curriculum Foundry’s comprehensive set of tools, districts can build and share their own curriculum. It also features single sign-on, enabling students and teachers to easily use digital content.
Features and Benefits
- Supports districts’ use of digital content to meet instructional goals
- Facilitates personalized learning
- Helps districts address budget challenges
- Offers access to vetted digital resources for grades K-12 in core subject areas
- Provides search option to easily find content by standard, grade, and subject
- Allows districts to enhance the repository with their licensed digital content
- Delivers a toolset to help districts build their own lessons, units, and courses
- Enables districts to share curriculum with entire district or a select number of schools
Make Digital Content Work for Your District
Make Digital Content Work for Your District Curriculum Foundry provides flexibility in using digital content and helps increase its availability and ease of use in the classroom. Schedule a Free Demo of Curriculum Foundry »
TCEA Tech Assessment for all Texas Districts
Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) will collaborate with Learning.com to offer a technology literacy assessment to all eighth-grade students across the state at no cost to districts.
In support of the TCEA statewide Technology Literacy Assessment, Learning.com is offering substantial savings on products to boost technology literacy in Texas. For information, visit the TCEA website.
Contact your Texas team by phone at 800.580.4640 or fill out the form below.