Solutions to Help Texas Students Excel in Today’s Digital World
For more than 10 years, Learning.com has provided educators with digital learning solutions that support Texas initiatives.
Inquiry is our newest 100% aligned TA-TEKS curriculum for grades K-8 that takes a project-based approach to integrating technology into instruction and has been adopted under Proclamation 2014.Attend an Inquiry Webinar »
Integrate Technology Into Every Classroom
Inquiry is our new 100% aligned TA-TEKS curriculum for grades K-8 that has been adopted under Proclamation 2014. Inquiry makes it easy to integrate the TA-TEKS into daily instruction.
Move to a Project-based Approach
Research supports that project-based learning is an effective instructional method to improve student motivation and retention of information. Inquiry’s projects introduce an essential question that students work to solve by conducting researching, collaborating with classmates, and creating digital media. This approach helps students develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills that help prepare students for college and career in today’s digital world. Inquiry helps districts incorporate project-based learning without additional preparation time.
Ensure Students Have the Skills They Need for Success
Before beginning each project, a pretest assesses if the student has the technology skills required for the project. Based on the results, interactive technology lessons from EasyTech are automatically assigned. While Inquiry meets 100% of the TA-TEKS, it takes technology education to the next level by enabling students to apply and demonstrate their technology skills through interesting core subject projects.
A Complete Solution for Texas Educators
Inquiry’s curriculum includes six ready-to-go projects per grade level covering concepts in ELA, math, science, and social studies. As a key component of project-based learning, Inquiry also features Reflections. After finishing a project, students complete a short reflection assignment to evaluate their work. Comprehensive guides, extension ideas, and implementation strategies for teachers are also included.
Learning List Review
Inquiry Texas version has been reviewed by LearningList which provides independent reviews of K-12 instructional materials for schools and districts. To see Learning List’s professional reviews and alignment reports for our products, go to Learninglist.com.
Help Your Students Master the TA-TEKS
EasyTech helps students develop the technology skills needed for college and the workforce while they study core subjects. EasyTech is a complete digital literacy curriculum that features self-paced lessons and games to practice skills; activities to reinforce concepts; and journals and quizzes to check for understanding.
Features and Benefits
- Detailed instruction for core technology skills: keyboarding, word processing, web browsing, and more
- Grade-appropriate, guided instruction with immediate feedback and automatic scoring
- Online safety instruction and compliance reporting that exceeds E-Rate requirements
- Lessons that reflect current representations of technology and software
- Aligned with TA-TEKS for grades K-8
- Available in English and Spanish
- Content is web-delivered with no downloads or software installs required
EasyTech is Tablet-Ready
The Learning.com app provides students with access to EasyTech lessons on iPad® and Android® tablet devices. The app helps teachers leverage EasyTech in a BYOD or 1:1 setting. Find the app on the Apple Store, Google Play, and Amazon.
Texas Instructional Materials Exchange (TIME) is an initiative of the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) in partnership with Learning.com. TIME allows Texas educators to find, manage, and assign over 350,000 free and paid digital learning objects from over 80 premium providers, including NASA, The Discovery Channel, LEGO Education, The Smithsonian Institution, and many more.
Features and Benefits
- Find free and fee-based TEKS-aligned content
- Utilize digital content, courses, and learning objects from a variety of publishers and collections, with a single sign on
- Purchase premium content with credit card or purchase order
- Track student use, completion, and level of mastery for each digital course, asset, or learning object that is delivered directly to a student
- Create, share, align, and review teacher-created
- Integrate content accessed in TIME with existing district learning management systems or use TIME to deliver and track content
TCEA Tech Assessment for all Texas Districts
Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) will collaborate with Learning.com to offer a technology literacy assessment to all eighth-grade students across the state at no cost to districts.
In support of the TCEA statewide Technology Literacy Assessment, Learning.com is offering substantial savings on products to boost technology literacy in Texas. For information, visit the TCEA website.
Contact your Texas team by phone at 877.284.0160 or fill out the form below.